Truck Accident Lawyer Phoenix, AZ
At any given time, thousands of tractor trailers, refrigerated trucks, tankers, and other commercial trucks are making their way up and down busy interstates, freeways, and roads. While most make it to their destination safely, some do not. Every year, there are approximately 500,000 truck accidents in the U.S. Over 140,000 people are seriously injured and another 4,000 people are killed. Unfortunately, in a majority of these cases, the occupants of a vehicle are not to blame. Furthermore, the sustained injuries are more likely to be traumatic and life altering. Thousands of dollars in medical treatment may be necessary just to recover. The inability to work compounded with compiling bills can have a heavy toll on the recovery process and overall family unit. This is when the help of a truck accident lawyer from Phoenix, AZ can be invaluable.
If you were injured in a truck accident, and believe negligence to be a factor, it is important that you take some time to understand your legal rights and options. At Kamper Estrada, LLP, our truck accident lawyers from our Phoenix, Arizona office work diligently to provide you with honest, practical answers about recovering monetary compensation.
An experienced truck accident lawyer Phoenix, AZ residents trust knows that the injuries that result from truck accidents are often catastrophic for victims and their families. According to data from the U.S. Department of Transportation, more than 100,000 people are seriously injured in truck accidents each year. If you have been involved in a truck crash, you may want to consider discussing your case with a Phoenix truck accident lawyer from Kamper Estrada, LLP.
Due to the massive size of the vehicles, the injuries sustained in truck accidents often require long recovery and rehab. Many victims never fully recover from their injuries and are often left with permanent disabilities that have a profound effect on their daily lives and the lives of their families. Learn about Why Do Truck Accidents Happen?
Causes of Truck Accidents
In addition to the common causes of all types of motor vehicle accidents, such as tailgating, illegal lane changes, rear-end collisions, failure to yield or stop, and improper passing, a truck accident lawyer Phoenix, AZ victims depend on knows that there are several other factors that are specific to truck accidents. These factors include:
- Trucks which are overloaded;
- Trucks which have insecure loads;
- Truck driver blind spots;
- Taking turns too wide; and
- Failure to brake properly.
Who Is Responsible for Damages in Truck Accidents?
Unlike typical motor vehicle accidents, there may be more than one party that is deemed at-fault for a truck accident. A seasoned truck accident lawyer Phoenix, AZ provides has likely represented many victims in cases where not only is the truck driver at fault for the crash, but the trucking company that owns the truck, the company that loaded the truck (in cases where overweight or improper loads caused the crash), or even a vehicle part manufacturer has been named as a defendant in a truck accident lawsuit.
A skilled truck accident lawyer Phoenix, AZ has to offer may determine which party or parties are responsible for the crash and prepare his or her case accordingly. Your attorney will likely investigate the driving and criminal record of the truck driver involved in the crash, driving records and logs, records of maintenance on the truck involved in the crash, and any possible manufacturing defects. Since there may be multiple parties, and possibly multiple insurance companies to negotiate with, having an aggressive and passionate Phoenix truck accident lawyer fighting for you may be critical to receiving the damages you and your family deserve. Learn about Just How Dangerous is Groggy Truck Driving?
Trucks and Motor Vehicle Laws
A personal injury claim filed by a victim of a truck accident can be greatly affected by the laws that govern motor vehicles, in particular those that affect commercial trucking. Any Phoenix truck accident lawyer who represents you should be well versed in any laws that might affect your case. At Kamper Estrada, LLP we have successfully handled many cases involving state and federal trucking laws as well as multi-party lawsuits, common in truck accident litigation.
A truck accident lawyer Phoenix, AZ motorists work with will need to make a compelling case that the trucking company, driver, and/or a related third-party were responsible for the accident. As part of building a strong case on behalf of our client, depending on the circumstances of the accident, a truck accident lawyer in Phoenix, AZ from our firm may undertake any or all of the following:
- Causes. To help determine how the accident occurred, who was involved, and the events as they unfolded, a forensic accident investigator may visit the accident scene and take photos, measurements, and collect additional documentation. The investigator’s conclusions can be included in the accident claim, leveraged in settlement negotiations, or introduced as evidence in the event of a lawsuit.
- Fatigue. An investigation of the trucker’s driving logs and any other related documentation can show if the driver followed all applicable motor vehicle laws. For instance, a truck accident lawyer Phoenix, AZ victims hire may determine that the driver did not take their legally required amount of rest and so by driving in that state acted negligently.
- Training. If the driver did not undergo the proper training for the operation of his or her type of vehicle, the cargo loading and transportation, or other aspects of their job, that may have caused or contributed to the accident. A truck accident lawyer Phoenix, AZ respects can interview witnesses, the driver, and others to determine if the driver was fatigued and that contributed to the accident.
- Multiple parties. Very often what makes a truck accident case particularly complex is that multiple parties are involved: one or more passenger vehicles, the trucking company, the trucker, the truck manufacturer, and possibly others. A truck accident lawyer Phoenix, AZ community members call should be experienced handling such complex cases. Kamper Estrada, LLP has a successful track record defending clients in multi-party lawsuits.
- Damages. Each accident is different, based on the unique circumstances of the case. A truck accident lawyer Phoenix, AZ locals consult with from our firm will look at all the ways in which you have been negatively impacted from your injury. In this way, he can assess a dollar amount and submit it with the claim. Your damages may include future or anticipated injury costs as well. For instance, if your doctor testifies that you are likely to need a particular surgery in the near distant future, the costs for it might be included in your claim. Your pain and suffering could be included, as well as the income you will lose while you recover from your injury.
Common Causes of Commercial Truck Accidents
Commercial truck accidents often lead to life altering injuries including traumatic brain injury, facial lacerations, compound fractures, third and fourth degree burns, dismemberment, and so forth. The factors to can cause a truck accident are vast, but commonly include:
- Falling asleep at the wheel
- Distracted driving
- Lack of experience
- Insufficient truck maintenance
- Faulty part
- Poor road or weather conditions
- Alcohol or stimulants
A Phoenix, AZ truck accident lawyer knows the unique nature of these cases. No two are alike, but all will need to consider state and federal rules and legislation. The right lawyer should be equipped with the most up to date knowledge so your rights are protected to their fullest.
Our lawyers are ready to offer victims of truck accidents the guidance needed to pursue compensation which covers your immediate losses and any ongoing care that may be required. Compensation for physical pain, emotional grief, lost wages, funeral costs, and more might also be available.
The Importance of Acting Quickly
Truck accident cases frequently involve large truck companies, insurance conglomerates, and corporate legal teams. It is not uncommon for evidence to go missing or victims to be wrongfully blamed. We know what to expect and are ready, willing, and able to ensure all evidence is gathered in a timely manner. The most important thing you can to right now to protect your rights and your family is to act quickly and turn to a qualified truck accident lawyer from Phoenix, AZ.
Get Your Case Evaluation with a Reputable Phoenix, AZ Truck Accident Lawyer
After a truck accident, it is prudent to take legal action as soon as possible. There are key steps that a lawyer can take to strengthen and secure your case. You should not take on an insurance company alone. In doing so, you risk losing out on money that you may need and certainly deserve.
We have won millions in damages through settlements and favorable verdict. Trust us to handle your case. Call a truck accident lawyer from Phoenix, Arizona’s trusted firm, Kamper Estrada, LLP, now to get started.
Truck Accident Lawyer Phoenix, AZ
If you or a family member has been injured in a truck accident, contact a truck accident lawyer in Phoenix, AZ to discuss what your legal options may be against the truck driver, trucking company, or other potential at-fault parties. The attorneys at Kamper Estrada, LLP have decades of combined experience advocating for clients just like you to ensure that they receive the financial compensation they are entitled to.
If you would like to talk with a skilled truck accident lawyer Phoenix, AZ offers, call 602-730-7988 to discuss your case in person.