It is essential to identify a probate lawyer Phoenix, AZ residents can trust when handling the emotional complications of grief and the legal aspects of resolving a family member’s estate. The loss of a loved one can be overwhelming. It can also be extremely stressful and difficult when you have to deal with the broad range of legal issues that follow. This includes distributing the deceased’s assets and property.
The right probate lawyer Phoenix AZ has come to count on in this situation can minimize your concerns and give you peace of mind during one of the most challenging times of your life. Arizona probate law refers to the process of administering and distributing an individual’s estate which includes their assets and property. Services that a probate lawyer in Phoenix, AZ offers often include:
- Working with the estate’s executor to distribute the property as specified in a valid will and testament.
- Assistance with the resolution of issues surrounding the will and related claims against the estate.
- Representing a family member who claims interest in the estate if the deceased left no known will.
Judicial proceedings in Arizona allow for the probate process to manage how the creditors are paid and the distribution of the assets to the beneficiaries. A probate lawyer Phoenix, AZ trusts can represent one or more heirs and protect their rights throughout the process.
Some types of assets that are not usually subject to probate include:
- Real property held in joint tenancy with right of survivorship
- Life insurance
- Individual retirement accounts
- Bank accounts held in community property
- Joint tenancy with survivorship rights bank accounts
- Real property with right of survivorship held in community property.
The formal probate process can be overwhelming and extremely complicated for someone not familiar with the process, which is why hiring a probate lawyer Phoenix, AZ residents turn to is extremely important.
A Phoenix probate lawyer can help you with estate planning so that your loved ones don’t have to go through the probate process after your passing. Avoiding probate is one of the most common reasons why people consult a probate lawyer Phoenix, AZ residents have turned to for years. The right lawyer can help manage even the most complex estate planning.
Some of the most popular methods of avoiding probate in Arizona include:
- Create a living trust which allows the property to be controlled by the trust rather than probate
- Ensure property is held in joint ownership, also referred to as joint tenancy, with the right of survivorship.
- Manage securities with transfer-on-death registration which can be articulated on your beneficiary form
- Add bank account payable-on-death designations
- Use Arizona transfer-on-death deeds
Get Help Now from Kamper Estrada LLC Probate Lawyers
Do you need to plan ahead for probate or get more information about how a loved one’s estate will be handled in probate? Don’t wait to ask a probate lawyer Phoenix, AZ community members trust when it comes to complex estate planning concerns.