If you or a loved one has decided to create a living trust, it would probably be to your benefit to consult with living trust lawyers Phoenix, AZ residents are proud to have representing them. Our living trust lawyers at Kamper Estrada, LLP realize the importance of estate planning and are well equipped to assist you in preparing your living trust. Our clients’ goals are important to us and we make a considerable effort to meet their expectations.
Living Trust Benefits
A good number of people are beginning to choose creating a trust over having a simple will. If you begin the living trust preparation process with the assistance of living trust lawyers in Phoenix, AZ, you will likely find many benefits, such as the following:
1. Privacy Protection: Different from a will, living trusts are not part of the public record which means that other people cannot search public records to gather information about your assets and estate. A living trust has a privacy protection advantage which ensures that your valuable information does not get into the wrong hands.
2. Illness Event Assistance: If you seek the help of living trust lawyers Phoenix, AZ residents respect to form a living trust on your behalf, there is a chance you can avoid having a court-appointed conservatorship if you become sick or fall seriously ill. The trustee you appoint for your living trust can ensure your affairs are handled without court involvement.
3. Avoiding Probate: The probate process typically involves the distribution of a deceased person’s assets through the court. The probate process can take a long time, usually months, and may hinder the amount of the estate the beneficiaries actually inherit after taxes and other fees are paid out. A living trust allows a trustee to distribute the deceased’s assets and avoid court intervention altogether which saves a lot of time and money.
Questions To Ask a Living Trust Lawyer
It may be beneficial to ask a variety of different questions during your consultation with living trust lawyers Phoenix, AZ depends on. It is crucial that you ask the right questions to determine if the attorney is the right person to handle the living trust process for you and your family. Below are a few questions that you may want to ask Phoenix living trust lawyers:
- How many years of experience do you have dealing with wills and trusts? It may be a wise idea to seek help from an attorney who has at least a few years of experience in dealing with wills and trusts.
- What is your pricing structure? It is often advisable to seek legal help from an attorney who will charge you a fixed price for creating your living trust. If a lawyer is charging by the hour, they may not be considering your best interest.
Additional Aspects of Estate Planning
If you have encountered probate or estate planning obstacles after the loss of a loved one, consider seeking the advice of a living trust lawyer Phoenix, AZ families trust from our firm. Though it might appear to be clear at first, the process of transferring that net worth after death can be challenging, especially if there wasn’t a clear title held by the deceased proving their ownership.
As a firm providing clients with a licensed and experienced living trust lawyer in Phoenix, AZ, we are able to provide a variety of finance-related services to local families. This include:
- Financial and healthcare powers of attorney
- Probate litigation
- Medical directives
- Guardianships and conservatorships
- Living wills
- Revocable or living trusts
- Trust administration or formation
Estate Taxes and Probate
When an individual dies without a will, the decedent’s family will likely have to go through probate litigation. As stated above, probate court can be very complicated and time-consuming, even with the assistance of a living trust lawyer Phoenix, AZ can provide. Furthermore, beneficiaries only receive their assets after taxes and debts have been paid out.
If an individual did create a will but a problem arose subsequently, the family might still have to go through probate. For example, if the guardian or conservator of the will was improperly executing their duties, a living trust lawyer Phoenix, AZ has to offer might recommend probate court.
It is important to choose a Phoenix, AZ living trust lawyer who is intimately familiar with estate tax law. At our firm, we may oversee IRS regulations and protocols in a timely manner on your behalf. Some of the more common tax services we address include:
- Unfiled federal and state tax returns
- Payment plans to the IRS and the state
- Offers and compromise
- IRS and state wage garnishments, liens, and audits
Depending on how an estate plan is formulated, there are may be a myriad of components to consider. Seek the counsel of an experienced estate planning attorney to help guide you through the process.
Contact a Living Trust Lawyer Phoenix, AZ Families Depend On
At Kamper Estrada, LLP, we understand that these issues are very important to our clients. We know that each client approaches us with unique problems and concerns, and it’s our job to help them feel comfortable with their estate plan. We’re proud to give our clients a living trust lawyer Phoenix, AZ residents rely on when they need one most.
If you are looking for seasoned and dependable living trust lawyers Phoenix, AZ has to offer, please call Kamper Estrada, LLP today at 602-730-7988 to schedule your free consultation.