If you have decided to have a living trust, you may want to speak to a living trust lawyer Phoenix, AZ trusts. At Kamper Estrada, LLP, we understand how important estate planning is and are ready to help you prepare a living trust. We take the time to get to know our clients and learn about their goals and wishes.
Benefits of a Living Trust
Many individuals today are choosing living trusts over wills. If you prepare a living trust with the help of an experienced living trust lawyer in Phoenix, AZ, you may find several benefits, including:
- Avoid Probate: A probate involves distributing a deceased person’s estate to beneficiaries in court. The process can take months and may even cut down on what the beneficiaries inherit. With a living trust, a trustee can distribute assets without court intervention, saving time and money.
- Protects Privacy: Unlike a will, a living trust is not a public record. This means no one will be allowed to search public records to obtain more information about your estate. A living trust can protect your privacy and ensure your information doesn’t get into unwanted hands.
- Assists in the Event of Illness: If you have a living trust lawyer Phoenix, AZ respects help you prepare a living trust, you may avoid having a court-appointed conservatorship if you fall ill. The person you appoint as trustee can take care of your affairs without getting the court involved.
- Protects Against Court Challenges: It can be very difficult for someone to successfully challenge a living trust in court. If a person wants to challenge the validity of your living trust and bring a lawsuit, he or she would have to prove that you were mentally incompetent when you created the trust or that the trust document is flawed in some way.
Questions to Ask a Living Trust Lawyer
During your initial consultation with a living trust lawyer Phoenix, AZ counts on, it’s beneficial to ask him or her several different questions. Inquiring about a lawyer’s skills and experience can help you determine if he or she is the right person for the job. Here are a few questions you may consider asking a Phoenix living trust lawyer:
- How long have you dealt with trusts and wills? In order to get the best results, it may be in your best interest to hire a lawyer who has at least a few years of experience handling trusts and wills.
- If an unexpected issue arises with my living trust, will you be able to help? Asking this questions can help you determine if a living trust lawyer Phoenix, AZ depends on is willing to go the extra mile to make sure you are satisfied.
- Do you quote a fixed price? It’s a good idea to work with living trust lawyer who gives you a fixed price for your living trust. A lawyer who charges by the hour might not be acting in your best interest.
If you are searching for a dependable living trust lawyer Phoenix, AZ has to offer, contact Kamper Estrada, LLP at 602-230-1234.