Car Accident Lawyer Phoenix, AZ
Every year, there has been at least 50,000 accidents in a construction zone in the U.S. The injuries and deaths that resulted were substantial and many injured people have turned to a car accident lawyer Phoenix, AZ families trust, Kamper & Estrada, PLLC. There are many different situations that can cause an accident in a construction zone, including distracted driving, the merging of traffic, closed lanes, failure to stop fast enough, weather conditions, obstacles, debris, bulky construction vehicle, blind spots, speeding, and so forth.
If you were injured in a construction zone, it may be possible for a car accident lawyer in Phoenix, AZ to recover monetary compensation for your medical treatment, loss of income, pain, suffering, and more. Bare in mind that construction zone accidents may have different legislation and procedures to follow, in addition to the usual legal protocols. This is what you should know right now:
Liability in a Construction Zone
In construction zone accident cases, a Phoenix, AZ car accident lawyer may hold the construction company or government liable if they:
- Failed to alert drivers using proper signs
- Left equipment in areas that would be hazardous to drivers
- Failed to direct or guide traffic whenever necessary
- Failed to notify drivers of a dangerous area
- Neglected to mark temporary lanes for drivers
Due to sudden lane merging and detours, it is common for construction zone accidents to involve chain reaction, or bumper-to-bumper collisions. If this happens, these types of accidents can be complex due to many drivers being involved, and possibly at fault (to a varying degree).
If a construction worker was injured, it is likely that he or she can pursue a workers compensation claim with their employer. It may also be possible to recover damages through a separate personal injury claim if a third party’s negligence was involved.
General Steps to Follow After Being Injured in an Accident Inside a Construction Zone
Whether you were in a single car collisions, T-bone collision, road obstacle collisions, multi-car pileup, are a worker or pedestrian, if the accident happened in a construction zone, there are proactive measure you can take to help your case. A car accident lawyer for Phoenix, AZ can tell you about the following steps:
- Seek medical attention, even if you feel okay. If you are unable to follow any of the steps below because of your injuries, don’t panic. As soon as you or a family member can do so, you should talk with a lawyer about what to do next.
- Call the police, and make sure a police report is filed. You should also get a copy of the report and confirm everything within is accurate.
- When discussing the accident to other drivers, their insurance company, or the crew, only state brief facts. Don’t apologize or admit any fault. This could be used against you.
- Get statements from witnesses in addition to their contact details.
- Take photographs of the scene, your injuries, any signage (or lack of), the construction zone, the road and weather conditions, your vehicle, other vehicles, and anything else that may be relevant.
- Talk with a car accident lawyer serving Phoenix, AZ before you communicate with the insurance company. In doing so, you can feel peace of mind in knowing you did not say anything that risks you claim.
For a consultation with a car accident lawyer Phoenix, AZ victims rely on, call Kamper & Estrada, PLLC.