7 Tips for Preventing a Car Accident
A central Phoenix, AZ car accident lawyer who motorists rely on from Kamper Estrada, LLP can help victims recover their damages. Car accidents happen every day in the U.S. and can result in life-threatening injuries. While you can’t prevent the acts of careless drivers, you can reduce your risk of getting into a collision by managing the factors that are within your control. A car accident lawyer in central Phoenix, AZ can help you prove that the accident was not your fault, and that the other driver is responsible for paying your costs.
Here are seven tips for preventing a car accident:
- Avoid Nighttime Driving: When it is dark outside, it is more difficult to see the road ahead of you, increasing your risk of an accident. Try to avoid driving at night as much as possible. A central Phoenix, AZ car accident lawyer who community members trust has seen too many victims of nighttime accidents.
- Maintain Your Vehicle: No matter how new or old your vehicle is, it is important to perform regular maintenance on it. If you don’t do this, your car is more likely to cause an accident. For example, if you have not properly maintained your tires you may experience a tire blowout. A central Phoenix, AZ car accident lawyer who residents hire in similar circumstances can investigate the accident. If the other driver’s vehicle was improperly maintained and caused the collision as a result, this can help prove they are liable.
- Do Not Speed: If you’re in a hurry to get somewhere, you may be tempted to drive over the speed limit. If you don’t obey the speed limit, you increase your risk of getting into a car accident.
- Do Not Touch Your Cell phone: In this day and age, many of us are attached to our smartphones. However, you should leave your smartphone alone when you are behind the wheel. Kamper Estrada, LLP has represented many clients who were in car accidents caused by another driver who was texting. A central Phoenix, AZ car accident lawyer who locals recommend from our firm can subpoena phone records of the other driver to prove they were texting.
- Avoid Staying in the Fast Lane: When you are driving on the highway, you should avoid staying in the fast lane any longer than necessary. This is where the majority of highway accidents occur. Also, if you drive in the center lane, you have more escape routes if a problem occurs.
- Avoid Bad Drivers: When driving, pay attention to the drivers around you. For example, if you notice that the driver in the car next to you is talking on a cell phone, you may want to get away from that person.
- Do Not Drive if You’re Tired: Many car accidents are caused by drowsy drivers. If you are running on little sleep, you are at risk for falling asleep behind the wheel. If you are feeling tired, you should avoid driving.
If you were injured in a car accident, you may want hire a car accident lawyer central Phoenix, AZ drivers choose from Kamper Estrada, LLP. An attorney from our firm can help you file a claim against the driver who hit you and recover compensation from them. You deserve justice for what happened to you.
We encourage you to call our law firm at 602-230-1234 to schedule a free consultation with a central Phoenix, AZ car accident lawyer who motorists turn to from Kamper Estrada, LLP for justice.