Can I Sue for Electrocution?

Almost everyone has experienced an electric shock at some point in their lives, whether it be simple static electricity or getting a jolt from stick a fork in the microwave . However if you have been injured by electrocution due to another person’s negligence, you may have a personal injury case on your hands. Electric shock is just like any …

construction workers

When Can I Sue for Electrocution?

Electricians are not the only professionals at risk of death or injury by electrocution. Approximately 140 construction workers are killed on the job each year by coming in contact with electricity. Carpenters, roofers, cement workers and machine technicians are at an elevated risk of electric shock. Contact with electricity can cause severe burns, ventricular fibrillation and death. Defective Product Electrocution …

Young Man Electrocuted in Hilton Hotel Pool Dies

It’s a heartbreaking and terrifying story that will cause anyone who’s ever used a hotel pool to shudder. View image | gettyimages.com 27-year-old Raul Martinez and his family were staying at a Hilton hotel in Houston, TX over Labor Day weekend in 2013. They decided to take a dip in the hotel’s swimming pool one night, and while they were …

An Interstellar Look at Electrocution in the Past

Among this year’s Oscar nominees is Interstellar, a blockbuster sci-fi film that imagines a second severe Dust Bowl for Earth’s not-so-distant future. The first Dust Bowl, of course, was a climatic catastrophe that rocked the prairies of the United States and Canada during the 1930s, sometimes referred to as the “Dirty Thirties.” A drastic drought, coupled with improper farming techniques, …

Common Electrocution Injuries

Electrocution happens more often than you might think. In fact, more than 1,000 people lose their lives to electrocution in America every year. Another 2,000 are sent to the hospital with severe injury or burns. View image | gettyimages.com Just last month, a Florida man made headlines when he was left hanging after dying almost instantly from electrocution while trimming …