Car Accident Lawyer In Phoenix, AZ
How Do I Know If a Car Accident Lawyer is Right for Me?
If you’ve been injured in a car accident, life is stressful enough. Add in the search for a car accident lawyer Phoenix, AZ trusts and recommends, and things can become quite overwhelming. As daunting as hiring a lawyer might seem, it is a really important step in the personal injury process. Luckily, there are many great resources available to help people find and hire the right car accident lawyer. Follow the steps below to ensure you hire the car accident lawyer that is right for your case:
- Do Your Research: In the internet age, you no longer have to rely on the phone book, radio jingles, or cheesy billboards to find a good car accident lawyer. Take advantage of websites like Yelp, Google, Martindale Hubbell, and many more to learn about the lawyers practicing in your area. Look them up on your state bar’s website. Read reviews from past clients and see how their peers rate them. Word of mouth is still the best kind of referral, even if it now comes in the form of an online review. Make sure to also visit the lawyer or firm’s own website.
- Request an Initial Consultation: Often, a car accident lawyer Phoenix, AZ can depend on may offer a free initial consultation. This means you can meet with the lawyer, at no cost to you, and discuss your case. You are under no obligation to hire that particular lawyer. In fact, many people will “shop around”, booking initial consultations with a few lawyers before deciding who to hire.
- Ask Questions About Experience: During the initial consultation, ask questions about the lawyer’s background, including
- How long have they been practicing? What law school did they attend?
- Do they also practice other areas of law? How much of their time is devoted to car accident cases?
- How frequently do they handle cases like yours?
- Ask Questions About Your Case: A car accident lawyer Phoenix, AZ confides in should assess your case in the initial consultation. Remember to ask the lawyer:
- What is their assessment of your case?
- Is it likely your case will go to trial?
- Realistically, what kind of settlement/judgement should you expect?
- Approximately how long will it take to resolve your case?
- Ask Questions About Case Management and Fees: It is important to know upfront how your case will be handled and what sort of fees are involved. Pertinent questions include:
- Who are the people that will handle my case? The lawyer you are meeting with? A different lawyer in the firm?
- Who will be the day-to-day contact? The lawyer? A paralegal? Is it best to call, or send an email? Are drop-ins allowed at the office?
- How will progress reports be provided?
- Does the lawyer work on contingency fee? Flat rate? Hourly rate?
- If you are not awarded a settlement/judgement, do you owe the lawyer money?
- What sort of expenses will you have to pay?
In the end, a car accident lawyer Phoenix, AZ counts on- and that you can, too- is a lawyer that is competent, experienced, instills confidence, and makes you feel comfortable. Choose a lawyer that meets these criteria, and chances are you’ve chosen the right car accident lawyer for you and your case.
If you have been injured in a car accident in Phoenix, AZ, then you may need a car accident lawyer. At Kamper Estrada, LLP we offer free one-hour consultations with our experienced lawyers. Our knowledgeable staff can help determine if you are eligible to receive compensation for your injuries and guide you every step of the way. If you’re in need of a car accident lawyer Phoenix, AZ has faith in, contact Kamper Estrada, LLP today for a free initial consultation.