If you were injured in a bike accident, you may want to speak to a bike accident lawyer Central Phoenix, AZ residents trust. At Kamper Estrada, LLP, we have helped many injured accident victims receive fair compensation for what they have suffered. Our dedicated lawyers truly care about getting justice for our clients.
Common Causes of Bike Accidents
Bicyclists get hurt in accidents on a daily basis, as a bike accident lawyer in Central Phoenix, AZ can attest. Some of these injuries are minor while others can be life-threatening. Let’s take a look at some of the common causes of bike accidents:
- Car Door Collision: If a driver of a parked car opens the door suddenly in front of a bicyclist, that bicyclist could get badly hurt. Bicyclists can minimize their chances of getting injured by riding further to the left — but it’s still the responsibility of the car driver to check for bicyclists before opening the car door.
- Right Cross: A right cross collision occurs when a car pulls out to a bicyclist’s right and strikes him or her. This kind of accident might be avoided if bicyclists make themselves more visible by using a flashing light.
- Rear End Collision: A rear end collision is one of the most common causes of bike accidents, as a bike accident lawyer Central Phoenix, AZ clients respect can confirm. It is very important for bicyclists to use reflective gear and headlights to be visible to drivers.
- Side Swipe: A bike accident lawyer Central Phoenix, AZ residents rely on may have also helped bicyclists who have been the victims of side swipe accidents. This type of collision happens when drivers don’t give bicyclists enough room to pass.
- Speeding: Speed is a factor in many bike accidents. If a driver drives above the speed limit, he or she has less time to react and can hit a passing bicyclist.
Statute of Limitations for Bike Accidents
If you were hurt in a bike accident and wish to pursue compensation, it’s important to remember that you only have a certain amount of time to file a lawsuit. This is called the statute of limitations. In Arizona, the statute of limitations to file a bike accident lawsuit is two years in most cases. Once that deadline has passed, you no longer have the right to pursue compensation for your injuries. That is why it may be important to consult with a Phoenix bike accident lawyer about your case as soon as possible.
Hiring Legal Representation May Be Necessary
While it is possible to pursue a bike accident lawsuit on your own, it is recommended to hire a bike accident lawyer Central Phoenix, AZ has to offer. Your lawyer may help you collect necessary evidence, communicate with insurance adjusters on your behalf, and protect your rights.
The majority of bike accident lawyers work on a contingency basis, meaning that they take a percentage of your winnings. If you lose your case, you do not have to worry about owing your lawyer any money.
If you are looking for a bike accident lawyer Central Phoenix, AZ clients depend on, contact Kamper Estrada, LLP, today at 602-730-7988.