Bike Accident Lawyer Central Phoenix, AZ
A bike accident can be devastating. Road rash, broken bones, and other severe injuries can require you to take time off work and deal with large medical expenses. You may feel angry, confused, or overwhelmed with the situation, especially if negligence was a factor. We understand and are here for you. As a bike accident lawyer Central Phoenix, AZ provides, we can help you to recover your losses and begin the process of healing.
PRIMARY CAUSES OF A BICYCLE ACCIDENT
Bike accidents can happen from a number of different reasons. Most commonly they include:
- A motorist failing to use turn signals
- Vehicles passing the cyclist
- Backing over or running into the cyclists
- Driving while distracted or under the influence
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Running stop signs or red lights
- Road rage
- Potholes / Cracks in the pavement
- Construction work
- Protruding curb/sewer grate
As a bike accident lawyer Central Phoenix, AZ relies on might attest, there are many precautions you can take as a bike rider to help prevent accidents:
- Make Sure Your Bicycle Fits You. Like any other sporting equipment, it is important that your bicycle fits your body. Check that the seat is level from front to back and that the seat height allows for a slight bend at your knee when your leg is fully extended. Handlebars should be at the same level as the seat.
- Check Your Equipment. Before riding, make sure to inspect your bicycle. Check that the tires are properly inflated, your brakes are working, and your horn/lights/reflectors are functioning properly.
- Be Visible. Regardless of the time of day, wear clothing that makes it easy for others to see you. Neon, fluorescent, and other bright colors are recommended. In addition, helmets and clothing with reflective tape or markings can improve a bicycle rider’s visibility. If you must ride your bike at night, outfit your bike with reflectors and/or lights.
- Wear A (Properly Fitted) Helmet. Helmets are an essential safety precaution for bike riders, but an ill-fitting helmet does not provide the same amount of protection as a helmet that fits you properly. Before riding, learn how to properly fit your bike helmet.
- Remain In Control Of Your Bicycle. Always ride with at least one hand on the handlebars. Unexpected road hazards could cause the bike wobble or jerk in a split-second, be ready for anything by remaining in control of your bicycle. If you need to carry items, consider wearing a backpack, or getting a basket for your bike.
- Watch For Road Hazards. Just like the driver of a vehicle, a bike rider has a responsibility to be alert while on the road. Lookout for potholes, broken glass, puddles, children playing, & pets.
- Know The Rules Of The Road. Bicycles are considered vehicles in many states, and as such have the same rights and responsibilities as motorists. A bike accident lawyer Central Phoenix, AZ believes in might recommend that you educate yourself on the rules of the road, including:
- Go with the flow of traffic
- Obey all traffic laws
- Yield to traffic
- Be predictable
- Stay alert
- Look before turning
- Watch out for parked cars and opening doors
It is possible for a cyclist to be partially responsible for the accident. In this case a claim usually can be filed, but the percentage of your own negligence will be deducted from the amount of monetary compensation available.
The key when determining validity for an injury claim is to establish whether or not negligence or wrongdoing occurred. In the event of a bicycle accident, bicyclists have the right to ride on a road that is reasonably free from hazards; if there is a clear hazard in the road, the government may have a duty to repair it. Failure to repair the hazard or provide adequate warning about the hazard could be deemed as negligence.
If a bicyclist decides to pursue a claim for personal injury, they would most likely need to establish negligence. Negligence is the failure to behave with the level of care that someone of ordinary prudence would have exercised under the same circumstances. A bicycle accident lawyer Central, Phoenix, AZ endorses might explain that, under this sort of claim, the cyclist would need to prove the following:
- Duty: The motorist owed the cyclist a duty to drive responsibly and safely.
- Breach of Duty: The motorist breached that duty.
- Causation: The motorist’s breach of duty caused the collision and subsequent injuries.
- Damages: The cyclist suffered a personal injury as a result.
Cases We Handle
Our firm handles a number of different types of bike accident claims including:
- Motorists hitting a cyclist
- Incidents caused by dogs chasing and crashing a cyclist
- Wrongful death accidents involving a cyclist
- Insurance disputes against a cyclist
This list is not exhaustive. If you have been injured after riding on a bike, please call a bike accident lawyer in Central Phoenix, AZ as soon as possible.
HOW A BIKE ACCIDENT LAWYER CENTRAL PHOENIX, AZ CYCLISTS RELY ON CAN HELP
Bike accidents are different from other types of accidents and require a lawyer to navigate various aspects of the law. In-depth investigations, a review of evidence, and experience are necessary to obtain a successful claim. When you retain a law firm to handle your case, you can feel assured in knowing that the lawyer can assist in:
- Building a strong defense
- Negotiating the settlements
- Preparing a case for trial
- Defending you against insurance companies
- Filing all paperwork within by the deadline
- Answering your questions
- Providing you and your family with support
A bike accident lawyer Central Phoenix, AZ cyclists recommend should be well versed in various facets of the law including that which covers cycling, motor vehicles, personal injury, and more. Should you or a family member be the victim of a bike accident, Kamper & Estrada, PLLC is ready to listen to what you have to say. As a Central Phoenix bike accident lawyer, we have earned a Preeminent®, 5 out of 5 Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell®. This is the highest rating possible and indicates a national recognition for providing clients with the utmost skill, excellence, and integrity.
If you are incapacitated, a lawyer might also be able to meet you in a convenient location such as a hospital or home. For a consultation with a bike accident lawyer Central Phoenix, AZ trusts from Kamper & Estrada, PLLC, please call 602-730-7988.