Bicycle Accident Lawyer Phoenix, AZ Trusts Offers Tips for Bike Accident Prevention
Bicyclists can be in danger every time they step out of their homes and go for a ride. Whether you ride a bike for fun, as a way to get to work and back, or for sport, it is important to practice safety in order to lessen your chances of being struck by a car. It is not uncommon for a vehicle driver to be both in a rush and distracted by their phones or other factor. As a bicyclist, you are at a disadvantage because you do not have an encasing around your body to protect you from the blunt force of a vehicle hood.
Here we have listed the many ways you can help prevent accidents and potentially life-threatening injuries from happening to you while on a bike:
- The size of the bike should be appropriate for the rider.
- Wear a helmet at all times, and invest in brands that are federally-approved.
- Ride with traffic flow, not against.
- Ride in residential areas versus busy traffic city streets whenever possible.
- When riding at night, wear brightly colored clothes.
- When riding at night, add reflectors to your bike so cars can easily see you.
- Before getting on your bike, do a quick check that all parts are in proper working order.
- When in a pedestrian lane, walk your bike across the crosswalk.
- Keep a safe distance away from parked cars, as doors may open and hit you.
- Do not listen to music while riding if it prohibits your ability to hear outside noise and potential threats.
- Adjust your speed based on the road conditions and how much traffic is on the road with you.
- Be extra vigilant when crossing at city intersections.
- When riding on the street, use the entire lane and not the edge, to increase your visibility to drivers.
- Be wary of larger vehicles that may have a bigger blind spot (commercial trucks, buses, motorhomes).
- Use hand signals to let car drivers know where you are planning to move.
What to Do If You Are Injured in a Phoenix AZ Bicycle Accident
Despite taking all of these precautions you may still be a victim of a bicycle accident. If you’ve been injured in a ike crash, you may want to speak with a bicycle accident lawyer Phoenix, AZ residents trust. An injury or death resulting from a bike accident can be devastating and may lead to financial repercussions, emotional grievance, and extensive pain and suffering. Kamper Estrada, LLP understands the hardship you may be experiencing. Through a consultation, we are ready to listen to your story and the impact the collision has had on your life. If we’re a match, rest assured, our law firm diligently fights for maximum compensation.
In the event you are struck by a car, it is vital that you get medical attention right away regardless of how you believe you feel after the impact. When the body is in a state of shock, injuries can be hidden. Do not permit the car driver to leave until police have arrived and taken a statement of the accident.
Bills may pile high after being hit by a car, due to an accumulation of emergency, hospital, diagnostic and treatment costs. Even if the bicyclist has health coverage, the expenses can cause substantial financial difficulties. This is why many bicyclists choose to take legal action against the driver by filing a civil lawsuit for medical expenses. Start a file that contains all relevant paperwork for your injuries. This paperwork can be used as proof and help an attorney estimate a potential amount of compensation.
All in all, your health comes first. If you find yourself in a situation where you were just hit by a vehicle, remain calm and get medical help immediately.
Why It’s Important to Retain a Phoenix Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Time is of the essence when collecting valuable evidence, interviewing witnesses, and building a strong case after a Phoenix AZ bicycle accident happens. Guided by decades of experience and a passion to speak on behalf of those who feel they don’t have a voice, we act quickly to investigate the circumstances of an accident. Some contributing factors we may assess include motorists who:
- Open a door in front of the cyclist
- Fail to check blind spots
- Make right turns in front of an approaching bicyclist
- Sideswipe the rider using the bike lane or shoulder
- Fail to adhere to traffic signals or stop signs
- Exit driveways without paying attention
- Drive under the influence
As a bicycle accident lawyer in Phoenix, AZ, we waste no time in building a case that outlines the damages incurred because of another party’s negligence. We are prepared to fight the lawyers working for insurance companies by implementing our extensive resources, which may include private investigators, medical doctors, expert witnesses, or an accident reconstruction specialist.
Experienced Help for Injuries Relating to Bicycle Accidents
A collision between a bike and a vehicle or obstruction can result in minor abrasions or life-threatening injuries such as:
- Lacerations and soft tissue injuries
- Neck and back injuries, including whiplash
- Concussions and head injuries
- Broken bones
- Loss of limbs
- Mouth and teeth injuries
As a bicycle accident lawyer Phoenix, AZ depends on, we review medical records to assess the full extent of a client’s injuries. With this information, we may determine a fair numerical value to compensate a client for their losses. Examples of damages that may be collected in a legal claim include:
- Past, current, and prospective medical costs
- Lost wages from the inability to work
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
- Property damage
- Wrongful death (i.e. when the cyclist lost their life)
- Punitive damages when applicable
The final settlement amount is dependent upon each individual’s claim; it is not feasible to provide an accurate estimated value without speaking to a bicycle accident lawyer Phoenix, AZ respects.
Contact a Bicycle Accident Lawyer Phoenix, AZ Victims Depend On
No victim of a bicycle accident should have to bear unexpected losses on his or her own. Kamper Estrada, LLP may guide you through the legal process and act as an advocate for your rights to compensation. To schedule a consultation with Kamper Estrada, LLP, a bicycle accident lawyer Phoenix, AZ has to offer, contact our office today.