Personal Injury Lawyers Phoenix, AZ
There are a variety of companies involved in the electric rental scooter emergence. Perhaps the best known are Bird, JUMP (a division of Uber), Lime, Scoot, Skip, and Spin. Each company has a mission statement filled with buzzy words about clean and affordable city mobility with a sleek smartphone app to match. The concept is exciting, affordable, and fun, especially if you live in a dense urban area. However, just with any mode of transportation, there are a variety of assumed safety risks in riding an electric scooter:
What Happens if You’re Injured?
Just like with a car accident, follow the steps below if you’re injured while riding an electric scooter:
- Stay at the Scene.
- Call 911
- Stay Calm!
- Don’t Admit Fault
- Gather Evidence
- Seek Immediate Medical Treatment
- Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer.
How Insurance Works
As with auto accidents, who pays the compensation of a scooter injury depends on who is at fault:
- Auto Driver’s Fault: if the driver of a motor vehicle is at fault for the accident and subsequent injuries, then their auto insurance company may compensate based on the driver’s policy.
- Scooter Rider’s Fault: if the rider has homeowner’s or renter’s insurance, they may want to check their policy and see if they are eligible for compensation for their injuries.
- Pedestrian’s Fault: just like the Scooter Rider, it would depend on any homeowner’s or renter’s insurance policies they have in place.
- Business’ Fault: if the rider was injured due to a hazard created by a business or one of their employees, it’s possible that business’ insurance may pay compensation.
- City’s Fault: if the rider is injured due to hazards on city property, like potholes in the road, then the city may be liable.
- Rental Scooter Company’s Fault: if the company failed to properly care and maintain the scooter, then the company’s insurance may pay a claim.
What To Do?
If you’ve been injured on an electric rental scooter, seek out a personal injury lawyer. Don’t attempt to handle the case on your own. Insurance companies have teams of experienced adjusters, investigators, and lawyers trying to settle your case for as little money as possible. Experience personal injury attorneys, on the other hand, know the ins and outs of the personal injury legal system. If you hire legal representation, you are more likely to receive a higher settlement than if you attempt to handle the case on your own.
If you’ve been hurt in an electric rental scooter accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. If you’re in need of a scooter accident lawyer or personal injury lawyers Phoenix, AZ residents recommend, call Kamper & Estrada, PLLC for a free initial consultation.