Personal Injury Lawyers Phoenix, AZ
Car accidents are unpredictable, and they happen fast. The adrenaline and endorphins generated by your body in a car accident means you might feel a sudden burst of energy. This release of chemicals into your body can dull the pain of injuries. However, just because you don’t feel hurt, doesn’t exactly mean you made it out of the accident unscathed.
It can take anywhere from 24 hours to a few weeks for serious car crash-related injuries to manifest. Below are some of the most common injuries that may be hidden after a car accident:
- Car accidents are one of the top three leading causes of traumatic brain injuries. Whether due to whiplash or a more serious brain injury, headaches are a common pain experienced after a car accident
- Neck / Shoulder Pain. These pains often emerge days after an accident and could indicate serious injuries like a herniated disc.
- Lower Back Pain. Often accompanied by symptoms like tingling and numbness, lower back can may indicate strained muscles, a sprain, a herniated disc, or pinched nerves.
- Abdominal Pain. Internal bleeding and soft tissue injuries can become very serious if left untreated.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. PTSD is a psychiatric disorder that can occur in people who have experienced or witnessed a traumatic event, including car accidents. Someone involved in a traumatic car accident may experience nightmares, insomnia, flashbacks, and unpredictable emotions. People may also have anxiety and fear in and around cars. If these symptoms persist for longer than three months, cause great distress, and/or disrupt a person’s personal life, help should be sought from a professional who specializes in mental health.
SEEK IMMEDIATE MEDICAL ATTENTION
If you experience any of the above injuries in the days, weeks, or even months after a car accident, seek immediate medical attention.
Best practice is to always seek medical attention after a car accident, no matter how well you feel, or how minor your injuries appear. Certain injuries are not always apparent on the surface, and you’ll want to be sure to have a medical professional exam you right away to see if you are in danger of suffering from such an injury.
If you think you may have suffered any of the above injuries due to a car accident, contact the law offices of Kamper & Estrada, PLLC. Our experienced personal injury lawyers can help you understand what sort of damages you may be entitled to and will fight to make sure you receive fair compensation for your injuries.