Despite all the best efforts to discourage drinking and driving, intoxicated drivers still pose a great risk on the roads in the United States. Drunk driving accidents often involve serious injuries, or even death. If you or a loved one have been injured by a drunk driver, consider hiring a lawyer who specializes in fighting for the victims of drunk driving accidents.
Why You Should Hire a Lawyer
Read on to learn some of the most important reasons to hire a car accident lawyer who specializes in drunk driving accidents:
- A car accident lawyer for victims of drunk driving will know the law. Specifically, the lawyer should understand both the civil and criminal implications of handling a drunk driving accident.
- A car accident lawyer may help you file a claim. Insurance companies have teams of experienced adjusters, investigators, and lawyers trying to settle your case for as little money as possible. Even if you make your settlement or lawsuit your full-time job, your knowledge and expertise will never match the professionals.
- A car accident lawyer will meet the deadlines. Experienced lawyers will have the ability, and perhaps even a team of paralegals, to keep on top of all filing deadlines and statutes of limitations in your case. They think about these deadlines, so you don’t have to.
- A car accident lawyer can litigate your claim. If your case goes as far as trial, you may want to hire a lawyer who has experience litigating drunk driving cases in court. Undertaking a trial without the help of an experienced car accident attorney could prove very difficult.
- A car accident lawyer for victims of drunk driving can help you understand all potential damages. Did you know that in addition to medical bills, you may also be able to recover for lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of companionship, future suffering, etc.? The right lawyer will know the potential damages you may recover.
- A car accident lawyer may help you win a higher settlement. Lawyers who specialize in car accidents are well versed in the law, they know the rules, procedures, and weird kinks about the legal system. If you hire legal representation, you are more likely to receive a higher settlement than if you attempt to handle the case on your own.
- A car accident lawyer can be reasonably affordable. Many car accident lawyers, even those who handle drunk driving accidents, work on a contingency fee. This means that the lawyer is paid a percentage of the settlement. If the lawyer does not achieve a settlement for the client, then the lawyer doesn’t get paid.
If you or a loved one have been injured by a drunk driver, consult with an attorney to see what your options are. Contact Kamper Estrada, LLP for a free initial consultation with our experienced personal injury attorneys.