Young Man Electrocuted in Hilton Hotel Pool Dies

If you or a loved one has been injured in an electrical accident, please don’t hesitate to contact the experienced Arizona electrocution attorneys in our office today.It’s a heartbreaking and terrifying story that will cause anyone who’s ever used a hotel pool to shudder.

27-year-old Raul Martinez and his family were staying at a Hilton hotel in Houston, TX over Labor Day weekend in 2013. They decided to take a dip in the hotel’s swimming pool one night, and while they were in the water, the pool lights suddenly turned on.

Raul’s 11-year-old brother began convulsing in the deep end, shocked by the electrical current now flowing through the water. His mother tried to save him but was shocked and lost consciousness. Raul, still in the water, reached his little brother in time to push him out of the pool to safety.

Raul, tragically, wasn’t so fortunate. He became motionless in the water. Eventually rescued, he was rushed to the hospital and stayed on life support for six days. Unfortunately, it was too late, and the 27-year-old passed away.

Now, nearly two years later, the family’s claims for negligence and wrongful death have been settled out of court — not only against Hilton but also the electrical contractor, Brown Electric Inc.

An investigation produced evidence of astounding negligence, as the defendants apparently failed to meet numerous state and local regulations. Reportedly, the pool was not even equipped with a ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI), a standard safety feature that likely could have prevented the electrocutions.

The private settlement agreement is reportedly worth millions of dollars.

The Martinez family’s tragic story is a terrible reminder of the very real threat of electrocution. Injury and death from electrical current is all too common, and the majority of the cases result from preventable negligence.

we have years of experience in handling electrocution cases like these. We understand how incredibly difficult these ordeals are for the loved ones affected by them, and it’s our mission to provide compassionate representation while pursuing the maximum available compensation for our clients.

If you or a loved one has been injured in an electrical accident, please don’t hesitate to contact the experienced Arizona electrocution attorneys in our office today.

One thought on “Young Man Electrocuted in Hilton Hotel Pool Dies”

  1. This is a very difficult case of tragic consequences, this information is very important for the many homeowners that also have their own pools and can prevent something as tragic as this. Thanks for this article and your professionalism.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *