You have been hurt in an auto accident and you don’t know where to turn. The smartest decision you can make is to hire a certified personal injury attorney to fight for you while you focus on healing. The State Bar of Arizona certifies lawyers who have demonstrated superior knowledge, skill, integrity, professionalism and competence in their area of law. Attorneys must demonstrate that they meet the requirements of continuing legal education and substantial involvement in the specialty field on an ongoing basis. The process of certification with the State Bar of Arizona means that the bar and other lawyers have started your attorney research for you.
Most individuals assume that if an attorney only practices one area of law, by definition they can refer to themselves as a specialist in the field. This is simply untrue, the State Bar of Arizona prohibits attorneys from claiming to be a specialist if they have not been formally certified and accredited by the Board of Legal Specialization in their respective field. Attorneys wishing to claim the status of a specialist in personal injury and wrongful death must meet the following minimum requirements:
- 5 years of legal practice experience
- Admission to the State Bar of Arizona for 2 years prior to submission of the specialization application
- Devotion of at least 50% of a full-time practice to the specialty area of personal injury and wrongful death
- Must pass a peer review and written examination
- Within 4 of the 6 years preceding application, at least 1,000 hours per year is devoted to personal injury and wrongful death matters
Out of 17,000 active lawyers in Arizona, approximately 700 are board certified and the number of Certified Personal Injury Attorney is an even more elite group. In fact, the majority of Certified Personal Injury Attorneys in Arizona are working for the insurance companies. All the more reason to have a Certified Personal Injury Attorney from Kamper & Simmons on your side!